- Fertility Preservation Funding
- Darwin Lions Beer Can Regatta
- Junior Public Speaking
- Palmerston Shopping Centre Special Children’s Christmas Party
- Girl Guides Support
- CDU Open Day
- Henbury School
- DSANT – Project 21
- Alan Walker Cancer Care Centre
- Australian Lions Hearing Dogs
- Lions Children’s Cancer Research
- EMIB Books
- Lions Recycle for Sight
- Lions Skin Cancer Screening
- Lions Eye health Program (LEHP)
This project supports young child-bearing age females who have been diagnosed and are receiving treatment for cancer and require financial support for their Fertility Preservation.
Darwin Lions Beer Can Regatta is a project of the Combined Lions Clubs in the Darwin region. This is an iconic Australian event. This project partners with local community groups and businesses to enable the organisation to give back to the community in the form of for example:
- A vehicle for St Johns Ambulance
- CareFlight Equipment for remote training
To give students in Primary Schools the chance to develop their ability to speak in public. This competition is run for primary students in Grades 3, 4, 5 & 6.
We volunteer Staff helpers and sometimes run the Sausage sizzle.
We assist them with lawns and garden maintenance in return for a place to store our BBQ trailer and the Beer Can Regatta Shipping Containers
Membership drive and awareness day.
Charles Darwin University had National Student Volunteer Week expo and we were invited to participate and promote Lions awareness to the public that attended on the day.
CareFlight Hanger Ball is a fundraising event for 400 attendees hosted by CareFlight that uniquely showcases the aircraft and facilities which deliver CareFlight’s life-saving services, the annual event is the major fundraiser for their Top End services and requires a small army of volunteers to make it happen.
Mars Henbury Dragsters is a project to engage students to teach their peers.
- High Tea
- Op Shop Vintage Ball
- School Holiday Program
- Supply the locally designed fabric for Chemo Caps that are made by the Battunga Lions SA.
- Provide Welcome Packs for clients who may have an unexpected stay.
- Supported the creation of a visually attractive garden for clients to enjoy whilst receiving treatment. This included water features.
- Coffee Machine for clients.
Donation to assist ALHD training and nurturing and naming rights – we named it “Cas”.
ALHD have been sent to hearing impaired locals here in Darwin.
An annual BBQ is held to support the national project financially.
“Lap the Map”. Lions Clubs across the country hosting family friendly walks and community events to promote a healthy lifestyle and raise awareness of the Diabetes epidemic in Australia.
Members have had training for screening. The Lions mobile Skin Cancer Clinic bus has made visits to Darwin.